Welcome to my blog.

After a few random posts I've decided to dedicate this blog to my life long project of Japanese food
and culture (and my life in general, especially my travels).

Since my first taste of sushi back in 1997 I've been interested in, and frequently been making
Japanese food.
My interest in the country and culture started long before and continues to evolve.
I was lucky to finally visit Japan in October 2008, again in November 2019 and hope to be back soon.
In July 2012 I visited Japantown in San Fransisco, the next best thing!
I was lucky to be back in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 thanks to the fact that we now have family living in California.
Both small and big adventures will from now on, as time permits, be shared with you.

I will post other recipes and pictures too, mainly cooking projects, plants and art projects
(including my new love - making kumihimo braided objects).

I hope you'll find it interesting, and feel free to leave a comment or ask questions!

I write mainly in English, but there will be some Norwegian too, especially posts about things
that mainly have Norwegian interest. Tutorials are bi-lingual.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

New patterns and some upcoming news.

I´ve been busy lately, learning new patterns for my kumihimo disc.
I thought I´d show you what´s being made on the boat and in front of the tv!
I´ll post tutorials for some later, when the light is good for pictures.


16 strand round braid diamond pattern


16 strand round braid hearts pattern


8 strand flat pattern with edge color

I´m also working on creating both start-up packs and courses in kumihimo.
I´ll be arranging my first course in a few weeks, and for now, they´re on request only,
for minimum 4 people attending. I´ll need about 2 weeks to prepare start-up packs,
and can hold the course in the evening or on the weekend. 4 hours duration.

Vil du lære kumihimo? 4 timers kurs med startpakke kan bestilles hos meg.
Kurset holdes i Oslo-området og evt. i Lillehammer-området. Kontakt meg på mail for mer info.
E-post: thomasine@gmail.com
Jeg trenger ca. 2 uker til å forberede kurset (bestillingstid på utstyr) og dere må være minimum 4 stykker.

11 comments:

Bringebær said...

Så fine nye mønster! Og kult at du skal holde kurs, lykke til :)

Smykker By Lene C said...

Nydelig blogg du har! Har fulgt deg på facebook en stund, men visste ikke du hadde blogg også. Nå ligger du på bloglovin´en min så jeg kan følge nye innlegg!!

Sjekk fusionbeads eller firemountaigems for endestykker i sølv, så du etterlyste det...kanskje de er store nok??

Lene

Linuz said...

Tusen takk Lene! Da får jeg være flink og poste nye innlegg skjønner jeg... :)

Jeg handler fra fusionbeads og har sjekket firemountain, men ingen av dem har store nok endestykker, desverre. Har funnet et firma i Singapore, men de har kun sølv, ikke goldfilled. Jeg fortsetter jakten! ;)

Jodi Faulkner said...

Beautiful work I would love to have a copy of the pattern.
jodierae.faulkner@hotmail.com

Linuz said...

Jodi: I will e-mail you the link to some patterns later today. Best wishes from Line.

Anonymous said...

hi, Im from México, your blog is very interesting, the propouse of this comment is ask to if you can send me a pattern and instructions to make the (8 strand flat pattern with edge color) Please. Is for do a gift for 4 years aniversary :P.

I apreciate your help.

Thanks and have a good day.

my e-mail is yukitor@msn.com

Kaitlyn Alexa said...

Is there a tutorial or pattern for that 8 strand flat braid with the boarder?


thanks!
Kleblang@gmail.com

Kaitlyn Alexa said...

I would love the pattern/tutorial for the 8 strand flat braid with the border shown above.
my email is kleblang@gmail.com
Thanks!
Kaitlyn

Linuz said...

Hi, I´m sorry, I can´t make a tutorial for this pattern. I´ve found it in a book, and it´s copyrighted.

Jodi Faulkner said...

Hi Linuz,
I've gone through my emails and couldn't find yours. I've been really looking forward to seeing the patterns your sending. Could you resend it to me? I would be so grateful.
Send it to jrfaulkner88@gmail.com

My family comes from Norway. I hope one day to visit.

Linuz said...

Jody: I´ll resend the pattern links. You really should visit Norway some time, it´s beautiful here!